Quantitative Risk Assessment Want us to call you
Objective of QRA:
To identify, quantify and assess the risk from the facility from the storage and handling of chemical products
To identify, quantify and assess the risk to nearby facilities / installations.
To suggest recommendations in order to reduce the risk to human life, assets, environment and business interruptions to as low as reasonably practicable.
Scope of the QRA Study
Scope of the project includes the followings:
1. Quantitative Risk Assessment for the Monomer Tanks and Solvent Tanks.
- Impact analysis shall be done for any leakage or catastrophic rupture/explosion of the storage tanks (depending on MSDS of the chemical).
- QRA Study shall include the responses on the Individual Risk, Property Risk and Environmental Risk.
- QRA methodology and related software (PHAST RISK) shall be utilized for the contouring the area, pertaining to the impact of the explosion / fire incidents in the tanks.
2. Contouring of area based on presence of flammable air-gas mixture.
A latest version of the renowned software “PHAST RISK (Version 6.7)” is used to estimate the overall risk. It requires the following data:
- Location of releases
- Type of release
- Maximum extent of each potential hazard for each release
- Location of ignition sources and ignition probability and/or algorithm
- Wind rose, speed and stability distribution data
Software Used – PHAST RISK (Latest Version 6.7)
Standard & Regulations
- Centre for Chemical Process Safety of AICHE
- UK – HSE Failure Frequency Database
- Purple Book – CPR 18E ‘Guidelines for the Quantitative Risk Assessment’
- IS 15656 – Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment Procedure – Code of Practice