Electrical Safety Audits Want us to call you
Objectives of Electrical Safety:
Broadly the Electrical Safety and Risk Assessment are conducted with the following objectives:
- To carry out a systematic, critical appraisal of all potential electrical hazards involving personnel, Electrical Systems/Electrical Installation, services and operation method
- To review compliance of Electrical System/Electrical installations & maintenance practices with regard to the statutory regulations
- To group all hazards assessed into risk categories (High, Medium or Low) using Semi –Quantitative Risk Ranking Technique.
- To review electrical installations falling in hazardous area as per Indian and IEC Standards (except Mines)
Scope of study
To evaluate the Electrical Safety Practices against applicable National/International Standards and to carry out a systematic Electrical Risk Assessment
- Review of the adequacy and availability of the electrical shock protection devices and earth leakage devices.
- Verification of the statutory compliance with respect to the CEA Regulations 2010.
- Review of Lightning Protection System of the building (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance practices) as per IS 2309.
- Review of static electricity hazards in the Electrical System / Installations / Operations as per IS 7689.
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance system which includes the followings:
- Test Records
- Documentation, Policies & SOPs
- History cards
- AMC Documents
- Work Permit Systems
- LOTO Documents
- Review of electrical accidents and near-misses in the Electrical System/Installation to identify the root causes.
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity Rules 1956/CEA Regulations
- Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
- Review of Electrical System/Installation lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance) as per IS 2309
- Review of static electricity hazards in the Electrical System/Installation operations as pr IS 7689
- Physical inspection to identify electrical causes of fire hazards (arc flash, fire in cables/wiring, explosion of batteries etc. , overloading of electrical equipment and cables) and to suggest electrical safety solutions.
- Review of protection devices / system of the electrical installation Transformers/ Electrical panel and DG Panel, ELCB for PDB and Surge protection device for critical electronic data processing installations.
Standards and References for Electrical Safety audit:
- CEA Regulations 2010
- Indian Electricity Rules 1956
- IS5216 - Recommendation on safety procedure and practices in electrical Work.
- TAC - Tariff advisory Committee Guidelines
- National Lighting Code 2010
- IEC 61643 – Low Voltage Surge Protective Devices
- IS 5216 : 1982 Part I Recommendations on safety procedures and practices in electrical work- General
- IS 10028 : Code of Practice for Transformer (Installation/Operation/Maintenance)
- IS 3043 : Code of Practice for Earthing
- IS 818 : 1968 Code of practice for Safety and Health Requirements in electric and gas welding and cutting operations.
- IS 2309 : 1989 Code of practice for the protection of buildings and allied structures against lightning.